Some of these are good and should be remembered and used, some are rude and arrogant, but mostly these are all quite funny.
1. “Is it the cigar smoke that bothers you, or the sight of someone enjoying himself?”
2. (The Response Literal:) “Put out this cigar? Seems kind of silly, but sure. Now wait a sec while I light another…”
3. (The Response Coy:) “I’d love to, but I’m afraid you’d think I’m easy.”
4. (The Response Ingenuous:) “What a coincidence! You’re the third person to ask me tha—oh, it’s you again.”
5. (The Response Juvenile:) “Who died and made you the Fun Patrol?”
6. (The Response Existential:) “What does it matter?”
7. (The Response Newlywed:) “Gosh, darling, our first fight. And just think, we’ll be able to repeat it every time I light up.”
8. (The Response Recidivist:) “My parole officer says it steadies my nerves.”
9. (The Lie Direct:) “I’m not smoking.”
10. (The Lie Circumstantial:) “Were I smoking, your request, however rude, might be worthy of reply.” Continue reading
You enjoy a fine cigar. You enjoy a nice drink. How to you match the two? Are there some spirits that pair better with cigars and some cigars that pair better with spirits? These are two questions we hope to answer in the next couple of paragraphs. Continue reading
If your cigar starts to burn unevenly, you might be able to get it straightened out just by rotating the cigar, but the method seems counter-intuitive. If you have a stogie that’s burning crooked, turn the cigar so the side that’s burning fastest is on top. It would make sense to turn the unburned end to the top since heat rises, right? Regardless of the seeming logic, doing so will achieve the opposite effect.
Remember, many things can affect the way cigars burn. These include humidity, wind, cigar construction, and how you hold the cigar when not puffing. Watch your cigar, and rotate it once in a while and you will have an enjoyable experience and an even cigar burn.
It may seem crazy, but cigar smokers like smoking their cigars! Continue reading
How much humidity your personal humidor rquires during the sumer depends whether or not your humidor sits in an air-conditioned room. If it does, you’ll probably have to replenish your humidification device once a week or so, since air conditioning sucks moisture right out of a room and your humidor. Continue reading
According to Halfwheel, a great website dedicated to cigars and cigar smokers, Gurkha Cigar Group is coming out with a $2,000 cigar. Here’s an excerpt from the article:
Late last year, Gurkha Cigar Group announced it would be releasing one of the most expensive cigars of all-time in the form of the Gurkha Maharaja, a cigar with a suggested retail price of $2,000. Continue reading
Because a hand-rolled cigar is made of pure tobacco, with no chemicals to make it burn, if not puffed and supplied with air, it will eventually go out. If you try to draw on your cigar and only get a tiny waft of smoke, simply dislodge the ash and relight it. Your best bet is in relighting a cigar while it is still warm. Continue reading